Monday, November 2, 2009

Otterbein College Invitational

On September 26, 2009 I ran a 6k at Otterbein College in Westerville Ohio. There were 14 teams there and 150 women running. The women ran first at 10:30 followed by the men at 11:00am.
The weather was fair at first then it started to rain very hard. The course was a wet and slippery and hilly nothing my team and I aren't used to or haven't experienced before. The course/race was very fast paced, everyone ran out very fast at the beginning of the race to challenge other College runners if they can keep up with them, its a common running strategy. My teammate LeighAnn and I kept the same pace almost the entire race, We both came in at 32:18 minutes. That was a Personal Record from last year at this meet. Last year, my time was around 33-35 minutes.
The men did excellent as well, overall as a team we placed 14th out of 14 teams, we still ran our best despite the rainy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment