Monday, November 2, 2009

OAC Champs

On October 31, 2009 I ran a 6k at Wilmington College. This was the last meet of the cross country season for some runners, unless you were at the top half of the runners in the conference, then you would go to Regionals. The Women ran at 11am and the men ran at 12pm.
The course was very muddy because of the wet weather this past week. The course had to change a little because in one part of the course the women and men had to jump over a creek to run into the woods. But they took that part out because they creek water was thigh high. So the women ran around the softball field 2 times and once more to come in to the finish.
My time was 29:29 minutes. That was my best 6K Personal Record this season and ever. My last 6k time was 32 minutes.
The women on Muskingum University cross country team did very good! We placed 10th out of 10 teams but we all pushed ourselves to finish and do our best and that was all that mattered. I gave it my all since it was my last race for the cross country season of 2009. The men however didn't do so great. My coach wasn't too pleased with them. But overall the cross country season was challenging and fun and as a team we all gave it our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment